Did you know that there are over 1500 dating sites in the United States alone? A 2012 University of Rochester study reports that 23% of U.S. couples found their partners through online dating as of 2009. EHarmony boasts that they contribute to 5% of American marriages. Match.com, PlentofFish.com, Chemistry.com and Zoosk.com fill out the list of biggies. But there are a whole lot of sites that cater to highly unique interests or backgrounds. Courtesy of Bloomberg Business Week March 4, 2013 here are some other choices for you:
- FarmersOnly.com – (250,000 users) and you thought farming was only for perishables.
- BeautifulPeople.com – (750,000 users) only one in eight applicants is accepted.
- SugarDaddie.com – (3 million users) the bigger the wallet, the better you look.
- Geek2Geek – (200,000 users) what’s the probability of a cogent relationship here?
- CougarLife.com – (4 million users) boys, the average age of a “cougar” is 39.
- WaitingTillMarriage.com – (4000 users) hmmm, 1000x more cougars. Interesting…
- TattoedSingles.com – (100,000 users) average number of tattoos per user—7
- Cupidtino.com – (30,000 users) first dating site for Apple fans. Where’s Droidites.com?
- Purrsonals.com – (15,000 users) is for lovers of cats. No comments on pussies, please.
- CrewDating.com (5,000 users) pilots and attendants fly together, but mostly on land.
- ScientificSingles.com (3,500 users) what’s the potential for test-tube babies here?
But I can guarantee that regardless of personal choice, it’s all an internet illusion until any two people finally meet and greet and go out on a date. And if the magic happens, the couples that keep dating together stay together. Dating for Life applies to any demographic. So does chivalry.